Santa came! Brinley woke up and in her humble manor climbed into bed with us and said, "Mom, can I snuggle you?" Dustin and I exchanged glances, then I asked her if she remembered what day it was. "Yeah", she said, "It's Christmas" I remember Christmas being a MUCH bigger deal when I was a kid, but I have to remember this is just Brinley's personality. She's humble, I can't think of a better word to describe it. So, we woke Lunnie, went into the living room and I'll be honest their "under joyment" was kind of disappointing. The girls are simple. They don't need or want for much. We over did. Brinley still wasn't feeling well. We went to Steve and Jill's for our traditional Christmas breakfast that we all love so much and spent the afternoon at my parents. Both girls slept through us opening presents there. Sad! So disappointing but still a good day. So many people love and spoil us. My Mom amazes me. I can't believe what she is able to accomplish. I have always said that we should skip Christmas (Ok, not skip it... I LOVE Christmas) but we should keep it small and just go on a family vacation or do something fun as a family instead. Maybe next year we'll actually do it, clearly the gifts don't matter much and if our 5 year old is unimpressed, what's the point?




No comments:
Post a Comment