Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another week has come and gone

Well, another week has come and gone.  There were a few noteworthy things that took place.  Maybe not for you, but for me.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Winter is just around the corner and the year will soon be over.  The snow really is beautiful.  I'm not ready for it.  I want to linger around in Fall for a while, but the snow seems to slow me down.  I need that in my life right now.  We needed that this weekend.  Knowing that I have the whole day tomorrow, we even spent some time doing nothing this weekend (I have the house to prove it).  It was fabulous! And now for my two heartwarming Mom moments.  It was just like overnight that Brinley started reading, it really was.  It seems like we have been working on letters and sounds forever and then one day she just did it.  She read an entire book and I was so proud of her. And for heartwarming Mom moment number two... She walks!  Lunnie walks!  Same thing, she has been standing forever and then today in church she did it.  It's wobbly and adorable!  I suppose I will feel like this way for the rest of my life, each time my children succeed or do something great.  I'm proud of them!  Both of these things were hard yet they concord them. They inspire me!  Yes, I can walk and I can read, but I realize I need to challenge myself more.  I need to quit being afraid of hard things.  On a side note, Dustin and I attended class together today.  It felt like the first time in forever!  It pretty much was the first time in forever.  We have a great teacher and the class is pretty light.  It's just about building relationships, who doesn't need that?  One thing that I took from the class today is that we shouldn't "expect" anything from our kids.  We just serve them, and when they don't get it right, we come down to their level and continue to serve them some more.  I love that!  I'm maybe not so good at it, but I love it!  They don't owe us anything!  They really don't.  Hopefully in serving them we can teach them to be decent human beings and contributors to society, but I really do think we expect too much from our children.  Maybe we should spend less time concentrating on what they don't do right and more time loving, serving and teaching them. I'm going to try it, cause my girls deserve it!

No comments: