Thursday, November 08, 2012

Living the life of my dreams

I’m a daydreamer, always have been.  I have the perfect EVERYTHING made up in my head… lawns and gardens, rooms, houses, hair styles, makeup, conversations, parties, meals, workouts, vacations, outfits, it’s all right there in my head.  I even dream up lives for other people, I know, I know, this is why people don’t like me.  I can’t help it, it’s just how I am.  You should really try living inside of my head for a day, it’s a beautiful place to be. 

One thing I dream about A LOT is what I would do if I was a stay-at-home Mom.  Now please don’t take this as a “poor me I’m a working Mom post” because I really don’t feel like that, but there are things that I wish were different or things that I don’t get to experience because I work. 

So, let me just tell you if I was a stay-at-home Mom first of all I wouldn’t complain about it. I would get up early and look amazing all day, I wouldn’t lounge around in my pj’s, I wouldn’t watch TV and I would spend limited amounts of time on the computer,  I would make amazing breakfasts for my kiddos full of antioxidants and omega 3’s,  I would walk my kids to and from school everyday,  my house would be clean all of the time, we would spend lots of time creating things, playing, exploring and they would just spend most of their time being kids, I would make a healthy lunch everyday and for those in school I would pack their healthy lunch and it would always be creative and cute with fun notes and treats inside, I would do things for them while they were at school  like make their bed, clean their room and leave notes and small gifts on their bed for them (my Mom did this for me), I would craft and sew during nap time,  I would volunteer more, I would teach my kids things, anytime there was an opportunity! I would teach them more about God and less about hurrying, we would have designated family time on the calendar and nothing else would get in the way, my kids would have friend over a lot, our house would be where they wanted to hang out, I would feed my kid’s friends and make them treats too, our yard would always be immaculate, our house would be tastefully decorated for whatever holiday was next, of course I would go to the gym, get may hair done and have manicures so that I could look super hot for my hard working husband, but I would only do these things while the kids were at school or gymnastics or piano or whatever, I would make a healthy homemade dinner every night  made from only fresh whole foods mainly home grown (with the exception of our weekly date night of course), I would look super hot when I greeted my husband at the door and then we would all sit down as a family to enjoy my amazing dinner, we would sit at the table, not the bar, and we would use cloth napkins, matching plates and a table cloth (sigh)  why am I telling you this? 

Well, I was volunteering in Brinley’s class on Friday so I just ended up taking the whole day off, which is really just a half day because I only work part-time, but when I told them I wasn’t going to be there and they asked what I was doing, I said, “I’m just going to be a Mom tomorrow.”  I was so excited to have a whole day to do what I wanted, to just be a Mom. 

It didn’t go quite as planned, I didn’t hit quite everything on the list above,  but over all it was a success.  One thing I was determined to do was walk Brinley to school, I don’t know why I feel so bad about not being able to do this, but I do.  I didn’t make an amazing breakfast, Brinley had Cream of Wheat and London had Oatmeal and I didn’t even have breakfast (I never do that!)   I didn’t go to the gym at all that day.  We did walk to school, but I wasn’t all “put together” in fact, my hair was wet so I threw a hat on, but we enjoyed our walk together and I loved kissing Brinley at the door of her class and telling her to have a good day.  We rushed home so I could, pick up Brinley’s room, make her bed for her, do my hair and get Lunnie ready to go back to the school in an hour to volunteer.

My sister and my Mom both offered to watch Lunnie while I went to the school, but then I just wouldn’t be Super Mom now would I?  So I declined and strapped Lunnie to the front of me like a little Kangaroo and was off to the school to volunteer. 

After Volunteering I had a quick errand to run.  I needed a few things from the store and wanted to get a little surprise for Brinley to leave in her room.  Quick it was because school got out in 30 minutes and I still had to run home and leave the little surprise in her room for her.  Dang it, looks like we won’t be walking home from school after all. 

Our lunch was not gourmet and I didn’t even make dinner.  In fact, I think I’ll skip telling you what we had for dinner altogether.

We went for a walk and went to the park.  It was such a beautiful day!  We played in the leaves which ended in a leaf fight and I had so much fun living the life of my dreams (sort of) even if it was just for a day.  











1 comment:

Danica said...

Looks like a pretty good dream to me!! :)