It all started a few months ago when Dustin and I were in the shower (I can say that here, right?) talking about change. We were talking about how we felt there was something “different” for us, like we had essentially been in the same place for 10 years. Yeah, things have change. We have babies and stuff, but anyway you get the point. And then it happened… all of the sudden we are in this crazy place where everything is crazy and our lives feel like complete and utter chaos and Dustin is gone for 16 or 17 + hours a day and my work is busy and the kids are busy and London is BUSY and Christmas and homework and gymnastics and music and parties and taking people dinner and it’s kind of one of those things where you look back and say, “why are we doing this again?” Seriously! I hate messes, why is my life such a mess? Sometimes it feels like I hate my life 4.5 days a week and LOVE it the other 2.5, ok that really only lasted for one week, but still. We really don’t want to be this busy, so why? Oh yeah, because it felt like the right thing for us. That brings me to my next point. I feel like I’m constantly juggling, but the thing is, I have NEVER been able to juggle. I do things like (how embarrassing) the other day I was cooking an egg for London’s breakfast only instead of cracking it into the pan I cracked it right there into the egg carton. Crazy! Oh, then there was that time the other night where I put her cute naked body into the tub… with her socks on. Today our FedEx guy came in and says,
“You look pretty today.”
“Thank you.”
“I like your earrings.”
“Thank you.”
“Switching it up, huh?”
Slightly confused I reply, “Yeah.”
And then I saw it. Some time later when I was washing my hands and glanced up at the mirror only to see two TOTALLY DIFFERENT earrings. One longer gold one with stings on it and one slightly shorter silver one with gems.
Crazy! Yep, I’m crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment