Monday, December 10, 2012

Full of Thanks and just plain FULL


I love Thanksgiving and I grow to love it more each year, a day to just be thankful.  I love it.   This year, during the month of November Brinley and I made paper leaves and each night before we ate dinner we would write one thing we were thankful for.  We missed quite a few nights because the truth is, we really weren't home all that much, but needless to say we have SO MUCH to be thankful for!  And when we had my family over for Sunday dinner they added to our little collection of leaves.


This year for Thanksgiving we went to my parents house.  Brinley and I made pies while Dustin played in his annual Turkeybowl. Brinley made her very own pie.  I personally think she did an amazing job!


Thanksgiving at my Mom's house is always crazy, always a crowd.  Someone mentioned to me how nice it would be to just go away for Thanksgiving, somewhere quiet and maybe go to a restaurant to eat. I was slightly appalled.  A quite Thanksgiving?  What's the fun in that?  Patrick reminded me just how true my feeling were when we went around the table and told what we are Thankful for.  Patrick is Harry's son and he grew up in South Carolina.  He mentioned that he was thankful for "this" for "family" because he had never really had family events like that growing up.


I'm thankful I didn't eat Thanksgiving dinner at Sizzler like a friend of mine, or at a Park City hotel like another friend of mine.  I'm thankful for all of this craziness.  (Patrick insisted on a picture or this never would have happened).


I will always be grateful for the kind words my husband spoke when it was his turn to talk.   

And don't get me wrong.  It is true that I hardly have any medicine in my house.  I almost never give it to my kids and almost never take it myself.  I could go on and on about what I believe, but regardless, I couldn't be more thankful for modern medicine.  And to those who disagree I would simply reply, you just don't understand.  SO SO incredibly THANKFUL FOR MODERN MEDICINE that it brings tears to my eyes. 

No comments: