So... My work offered to sponsor me for the Top Of Utah Half Marathon so of course I signed right up. Long story short, I wasn't able to train for this hardly at all, no long runs. My knee has just really been bugging me since I hurt it in the TOU full marathon 2 years ago. And since my work sponsored me I had to wear their shirt. It's hard to run in clothes you aren't comfortable in or used to. I was really nervous for this race, but it ended up being fine. My knee really hurt around miles 2 and 3 and for some miraculous reason I was bless with minor to no pain for the remainder of the race. I finished. My time wasn't great (2:06), but it was a time and I suppose I earned it.
I ran into my cute little family around mile 10. My parents were there too. Their support and encouragement always means so much to me!
The last 3 miles were way harder than they should have been! I just didn't feel "good". I thought I was sick from running, I wouldn't say that it's normal, but it happens. Dustin and the girls along with my parents where waiting for me at the finish line. My poor Mom had to run a marathon herself to make it since they had to park so stinking far away. I have the best parents in the whole world! They even got me these fun, bright, flowers. When I finished I really didn't feel good and as the day went on I realized I was not just sick from running, I had the flu, probably just got whatever London had while we were in Bear Lake. No fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment