They started me on platocin around 6:00, I had some contractions, but nothing I hadn’t been feeling for the past two weeks, no progress (stubborn baby)! My Dr. broke my water at about 8:45 and finally some progress. I started to feel some serious contractions, like when they say they will be in every half hour to check on you, I was counting the minutes and considering on begging for an epidural. Finally an epidural and wow, now I know what an epidural is supposed to feel like. I realize now my epidural with Brinley did not work and thankfully when my babies decide to come I don’t really have to push. She came and it was easy, but she swallowed some amniotic fluid in the process so after she was born the NICU Dr. spent a good 45 minutes shoving tubes down her throat and trying to suction the fluid out. I just sat there and watched her (and cried) I couldn’t believe how perfect she was and I just kept thinking that she was that black hole we saw at our fist ultrasound. We couldn’t see anything, but my perfect little baby was in there, that was her.
I loved our time in the hospital. With Brinley they were always taking her from me and checking on her and worrying about her temperature and with London we didn’t have anything to worry about. She was so healthy and we were able to keep her in our room the entire time and it was so fun to just spend a whole day cuddling with her. Dustin was perfect and he did every bit at much as I did those first few days. He brought me beautiful flowers and an “L” charm for my Tiffany bracelet. We had visitors and they brought gifts and flowers etc. I loved having nothing to do, but hold my little baby. I told Dustin, “This makes me want more and more and more kids.” Not really sure how he felt about that. We missed Brinley like crazy and couldn’t wait to bring London home and start living our lives as a family of four.
We bought Brinley a digital camera because big sisters have a very important job and it's a good thing because we had trouble with our camera.
London is one day old and it looks like she wants to go home.
Welcome to our family Lunnie! We love you and are so blessed to live in the presence of such a sweet little angel.
5 comments:
She is perfect! Congrats to you guys! I am sure Brinley is beyond happy to have her little sister finally here!
Shelley, CONGRATS! She is beautiful! I love her name too!
Congratulations Shell!! She is beautiful! On a side note, for being in the middle of chemo, your mom looks SO good! I hope you are all doing well!!
Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful!!!
Congratulations! She is beautiful.
Post a Comment