Wednesday, September 07, 2011

The Story of London

(4 days old)

So many people ask me where we came up with London's name.  As you may or may not know, Brinley has wanted a baby sister for years!  She talked about babies and we talked about babies, but she was ready long before we were.  A couple of years ago Brinley was telling me she wanted a baby sister.  I told her that we don't get to choose if we have a boy or a girl and asked her what we would name it if we did have a baby.  We threw out several names both boy and girl, one happened to be "London"  she liked it and we liked it too, but  from that moment on she referred to her baby sister in heaven as "London".  Elle comes from me.  Some people have a hard time understanding that so let me spell it out shELLEy.  So, long before London was even conceived she was Brinley's baby sister "London Hell".  Yes, I do realize I said London Hell, that's what Brinley called her for a long time.  She would sometimes cry for her baby sister and when she outgrew something she would put it in her old nursery to save for her baby sister London. 

Before we found out what we were having we tried to talk to Brinley about the possibility of having a boy, but she was still convinced it was her sister London.  And when we found out we were having a girl, Dustin and I were both shocked, but Brinley said she knew it was a girl because she's smart.

We didn't want to name her London just because that's what Brinley said her name was so we tried to come up with other names too.  I liked "Payton" and even warmed Brinley up to it a bit, but when I asked Dustin if he was set on London he said, "I think that's what it should be."  And he was right.  We all love her name and I guess Brinley knew what she was talking about. 

3 comments:

Jen J. said...

What a fun story! Kids know more than we think, don't they? :)

{Jamey} said...

Kids are so special! They are so close to the spirit :) What a cute story.

Brooke said...

Love that story! So glad Brinley got her sister :) And I am glad that you chose London because if this baby is a girl, we have almost 100% decided her name will be Paetyn. Guess we have the same good taste! I love the name London as well. Congrats again!!