(London 11 Days)
Everyday my Mom calls me and asks how we are doing. I always say, “We’re good.” The other day she said, “You always say you’re good. You never complain” but the truth is, it doesn’t get any better than this. I feel so blessed to be the mother of the two most amazing little girls in the whole world, but I got thinking, maybe my Mom is right. Shouldn’t I be feeling just a little bit postpartum? Shouldn’t I resent the fact that I rarely get more than one hour of sleep at a time? Shouldn’t I be feeling just a little bit stressed and overwhelmed? Shouldn’t I feel exhausted in the middle of the night when I can’t get my baby to stop crying? I don’t feel any of those things. I just hug and kiss them every chance I get, even if it is in the middle of the night. I’m not sure it’s normal to feel this great after having a baby. I can’t get enough of my girls and I’m sure Dustin is wondering what has gotten into me, I can’t get enough of him either. Love my little family, I’m just really really happy, that’s all.
Ok, maybe I am feeling just a little postpartum because the other night when Brinley was asleep I climbed in bed with her, put my arms around her, told her how much I loved her and that I was sorry if the changes were hard for her. I thought she was asleep until she told me it was ok. so, I just talked to her and told her how I felt and she said, "Mom, why are you whispering?" and I told her because it was really late and she said, "Yeah Mom, so you need to go to bed!"
Ok, maybe I am feeling just a little postpartum because the other night when Brinley was asleep I climbed in bed with her, put my arms around her, told her how much I loved her and that I was sorry if the changes were hard for her. I thought she was asleep until she told me it was ok. so, I just talked to her and told her how I felt and she said, "Mom, why are you whispering?" and I told her because it was really late and she said, "Yeah Mom, so you need to go to bed!"
1 comment:
You know the important things in life! You have got it nice and early! you just gotta kiss on them all you can!!
Post a Comment