Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Dirty Cookies and a Heart of Gold
I promised Brinley we could make cookies tonight so I found a recipe for some chocolate cookies on the internet, showed the picture to Brinley and asked her if she wanted to make that kind. She said, “Yeah Mom! We’re going to make dirty cookies?” (laughing), “No, we’re going to make chocolate cookies.” She was playing out side while I got everything ready and I turned around to see her using a gigantic bubble blower and wiping dirty pool water all over the window I had just cleaned. I was just about to tell her to quit because I had just cleaned the window, but I feel like I’m always telling her “no” or, “don’t do this” or “don’t do that”, so I thought to myself, I’m just going to let this one go. A few minutes after I watched her smear the entire glass door with dirty water, she ran into the house and proudly yelled, “Guess what Mom? I just cleaned the window for you.” I was so glad that I didn’t get upset with her or tell her to stop. I honestly believe that children’s intentions are so good. They don’t mean to upset us, or make big messes, or be annoying. Their little hears are so golden! I just wonder how many times I have told Brinley to “stop” or to “quit” when she was only intending to do something good. I hope not too many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment