Last night we had our summer work party at the Sportsman's Paradise and just before we left Brinley had this HUGE melt down. As you can see, these are real tears and she was extremely sad. You may be wondering what caused her broken heart and I did too, so I asked her and it turns out she was sad because she wanted a baby sister. Her broken heart broke my heart and Dustin's too. You have to understand that this has gone on for well over a year. We talk about babies all the time and a long long time ago Brinley and I were throwing out girl names and we came up with one that Brinley is convinced belongs to her baby sister. Even if we didn't love the name at first, I don't think we could ever name a baby girl anything different because she has become a person, she has become Brinley's baby sister who just hasn't made it to earth yet. Brinley talks about her baby sister all the time and one day I walked into her room to find a huge pile of clothes and toys. When I asked here what she was doing she said she was finding stuff she could give to her baby sister (she always calls her by name). We talk about the option of having a baby brother and that just freaks her out. She does not want a boy. She says if Heavenly Father gives her a boy, "Dad can have him cause he's a boy."
We had to sit her down and have a little talk. She was still pretty grumpy at the party, but she had so much fun.
They had a fish scramble. Yes, it does look like my husband is the only adult in that picture.
Okay, he caught it for Brinley.
(And just so we're clear... there is not a baby anywhere in our near future)
6 comments:
That top pic is great. She looks so old in the crying pictures. Well, like Brinley, I can't wait for another one to come along! :)
How dang adorable is your little girl!! I just love seeing pictures of her, you dress her and do her hair so cute! Good seeing and talking to you last night; I hope you enjoyed your fish dinner!! ;)
Liar, you are going to have one soon.
Seriously ... SO CUTe! Even in tears she is beautiful!
Oh that's so adoreable!! And since I have 3 boys people keep giving me this "recipe" to have a girl. I don't know if it really works, but they all swear by it so if your interested let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.
Sooo cute!! I love the pictures of her!! Tanikka had a melt down when she found out that she wasn't going to get a baby sister and it melted my heart! Hopefully she wont end up like my little girl and only have brothers!
Post a Comment