I have good intentions of writing about how I feel about life and what it's really like for us instead of posting a few short sentences and cell phone pics of some of the fun things we do. Actually, I contemplate on shutting the blog down, just letting it go, but Dustin has reminded me as of late how important it is, so I suppose you will all continue to hear about our life, at least for now. He has been looking back through our blog and I hear him tell Brinley stories of when she was a baby (stuff he has been reading on our blog) and sadly I don't remember half of them. And so I am reminded that record keeping serves a purpose. I never want to forget those little moments with our children as I have come to realize, that's really all that matters in this life. We've just been busy, there is no other way to put it. I hate that word and I hate that feeling, yet I use it all of the time. I long for a life or a day where we can just be, just exist. Sitting on the patio with my family, eating Popsicles (or sicles as Lunnie calls them) for a few short minutes yesterday was probably the highlight of my week. I long for more moments like that, but for now we're just too busy. Here's why:




This project has drug on way longer than I intended it to. We have sadly become the people who can't park their cars in their garage and when people come over Brinley tells them, "we keep that door closed because it's such a mess in there." True! When it feels like we are living in constant chaos and our home is a construction zone I have to remember that when we first stepped foot on this lot it was just weeds, rocks and a few enormous old trees and then I'm dang proud of how far we have come, of this life we have created literally from the ground up. We are finally starting to get somewhere, to see light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to have all of my major projects done so we can just be, so we can spend a few more minutes on the patio eating popsicles as a family.
These amazing garden boxes were a gift from my amazing husband. Isn't he awesome? I designed them and he made it happen. We really do make such a great team!
No comments:
Post a Comment