Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Sabbath in San Diego (Day 2)

On Sunday our little family wanted to spend the day in San Diego.  Lunnie got a tummy ache in the car and was screaming uncontrollably, so not like her!  She obviously has some sort of a bug.  Poor girl!  We stopped, I held her, nothing could calm this girl.  We opted to find a pharmacy, but a screaming baby (in pain) trapped in a car seat, California traffic and trouble with the navigators (yes, all three of them) don't mix well.  We finally found a pharmacy/drugstore, but given her age there really wasn't much over the counter medications she could take.  Needless to say, our day in San Diego was cut short, but Lun finally started to feel better so we spent most of the afternoon on Coronado Island, wandered around Hotel Del Coronado (so pretty) and ate lunch at a nearby pub. 

 On the way home Dustin suggested we stopped at the San Diego temple.  I have always been intrigued as we have passed by this beautiful white building in the past, but never stopped to see it. So pretty, so peaceful, I could spend my life on the grounds of an LDS temple.  I love how I feel here.  And honestly, this was one of our girls favorite parts of the trip, Brinley really has an appreciation for beautiful things and well, Lun just likes space to run around.

 



No comments: