Thursday, April 19, 2012

How to be a good Mom

The dreadful day has come, my perfect little eater has been giving me fits.  She doesn't like ANYTHING I make.  In all honesty I don't really blame her, I'm really not that good of a cook and I generally go for health over taste.  I just can't stand to make something out of "real" food and add sugar or you know, anything else that would actually make it taste good (cookie dough doesn't count).  So, I don't.  Our food is usually blah and real and healthy.  She used to eat anything I would make and I think she has just been exposed to too much JUNK out there in the 'real world'.  I have officially become one of those moms I never thought I would be.  Tonight at the dinner table, I made Brinley eat her vegetables.

Brinley:  I wish I was magic so I could turn you into a nice mom.  I'm going to be a better Mom than you.

Me:  Good, I hope you are.

Brinley:  When I'm a Mom I'm going to let my kids do whatever they want.

Me:  So I'm mean because I made you dinner and I love you and care about you and want you to take care of your body?

Brinley:  Well, I'm not going to make them eat it that night, I'm going to make them eat it the next day.

Dustin:  What is the difference in making them eat it for dinner or the next morning for breakfast?

Brinley (all disgusted like Dustin is an idiot):  Ugh, they aren't going to eat it for breakfast.

Me:  Yeah Dad, they will have it the next day for dinner.

Apparently the trick to being a good Mom is to just let your kids do and eat whatever they want and make them eat their vegetables the next day.  Yeah, cause that would work.

No comments: