Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Camping... the 24th and our pooch

We spent 5 days camping with my family.

Madi Moo


On the 24th we put Brinley down for a nap and Dustin and I were just sitting down reading and Roxy was laying by us. All of the sudden she started yelping and crying like she was in pain. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She eventually stopped, but something was still wrong. I honestly thought she was dying. I tried to get her to come to me and she wouldn't move. We stood her up and tried to get her to walk and her legs wouldn't work. She just fell over. We rushed her down to a vet, but being the 24th, nothing was open so we made an "emergency" call. By the time we saw the vet she was walking, but not being herself. By the time we left she was totally herself. WEIRD! We thought of snake bites and bug bites, but the vet seems to think it was a seizure. WEIRD! And because she did it again a couple of days later that may be a sign that something else is going on internally. Hope she's ok, I don't know what Brinley would do without her best friend.


Brinley loved playing in this freezing cold water!

And eating junk food


I think when you are this dirty it means it's time to go home.


2 comments:

Bryce and Britt said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! That is so sad about your dog :( I hope she'll be ok

Brooke said...

That is scary about your cute dog. I would not know what to do if something happened to our little dog! It sorta sounds like something that happened to Kai a while back. Almost exactly but after she yelped and cried for a bit she went into like a stretching stance (with her butt in the air). Now every once in a while she just freezes in that position like she is stretching. I wonder if they get charlie horse type things or something. Weird. And scary.