Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy First Birthday Bugga Behl I adore you!

Brinley had a birthday on June 15th. I can’t believe my little baby is a year old. Seriously, I can’t believe it. Didn’t that year just fly by? People used to ask me how old she was and I would say so many days and then it was weeks and for a while it’s been months, but now a year. It’s so weird for me to say, “she’s one”. I have to say that I miss having a newborn, I miss 5 pound Brinley. I miss her newborn laugh and I miss the fuzz on her ears that was longer than the hair on her head. I miss those scrawny little legs that had little rolls of skin on them. I miss waking up every two hours to feed her and I miss not sleeping at all. I miss encouraging her to crawl and I miss hearing her first word. I miss her noisy little yawn and I miss how her eyes used to be bigger than her body. I miss holding her in an weird upside-down position because that is what she liked. I miss being able to spend 24 hours a day with her.

Although I miss all of those things, she has never been so much fun! Brinley makes my day every single day of my life. She has the cutest personality! She is constantly learning something new. I just want to follow her around with the video camera so I don’t miss anything. She is ALWAYS making us laugh. She loves to sing, dance, wave and give kisses. She can say: E-I-E-I-O, Thank You, Binky, Hi, Mom, Dad, No-No-No, and a bunch of jibber jabber that I can’t quite make sense of . Being her mom is the greatest blessing in my life and I am so thankful for this past year and all that I have learned from her.

No comments: