Thursday, May 01, 2008
Life is totally fair
So, today I was doing my hair and thinking about how Life isn’t fair. I was really annoyed at the fact that we have been looking for a new car for over two years and just can’t seem to find the right one or maybe we are just too conservative to purchase what we really want and not only that, but now we are down to one car (if you don’t count the scooter) and I was really irritated that it’s May and I woke up to show on the ground and you know what that means… Dustin has to take our only car to work….AND our only car has a leak that needs fixed AND it gets what only feels like negative miles to the gallon. So then I begin to think about something at work. Many of you know that I deal with people’s finances at work and although it is totally illegal to say names or give out personal information I started thinking about one particular person and how life would just be easier if we had his lifestyle. How is it fair that he makes more in a month than Dustin and I make combine… IN A YEAR! He probably doesn’t even work. He probably has people like us to do the work then he reaps the benefit. It would be so much easier if it didn’t matter what the cost of gas was or what kind of gas guzzling vehicle you drove. And I wouldn’t have to worry about draining my savings account just to buy a second vehicle. And just when I was thinking all of those negative thoughts my husband walked in the door (Remember we only have one vehicle so he had to take me to work). He started making a lunch while I was getting Brinley’s diaper bag ready. He said, “have you eaten?” “No” I replied. “Do you want me to make you a sandwich?” he said. Me, “No thank you.” So, I finished getting the baby ready and grabbed a granola bar on my way out the door. Brinley and I got in the car while we were waiting for Dustin. When he got in the car he handed me a grocery sack and said, “I made you a lunch.” I opened it to see what he made and saw a sandwich with “wife” written on the bag along with some other things. It was so cute and that’s when I realized that LIFE IS TOTALLY FAIR, to me at least. I have the best husband in the whole world AND that is truly a Blessing. I wouldn’t trade him for any amount of money. One time I was complaining to my mom that life wasn’t fair and she said, “It’s pretty fair”. You never know what is on the inside of people. So, this post is for you hun because I don’t tell you enough how amazing you are. I love your guts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
http://ittybittyfrogie.blogspot.com/
Steph has a blog now.
How cute is your "Life is totally fair" ... you do have a wonderful family and are a very lucky girl. If you had lotz of money there would be something missing .. :) There's always something missing ... and yes ... it's ok that it's the money missing in your life .. because money isn't everything!! Ok .. I just think I went in circles .. lol .. but I loved your post!!
Post a Comment