Friday, July 26, 2013

Shots of Summer

I vowed not to do unproductive things while my children are awake, particularly on the internet.  L is asleep and B and I had plans to make a healthy treat, but she opted to play in her room first.  The laundry is done and I chose to ignore the dishes for now so blogging it is on this hot July day.  We have had a great summer!  A few things we have captured via my cell phone...
We run and/or ride the Logan River trail at least once a week as a family.  Often times we ride to the Farmer's Market to get our CSA share.  One week we rode all the way from our house, rather than driving to the trail head, it had to be a good 6 mile or so bike ride, that's quite a bit for a 6 year old, but Brinley did amazing.  She's one tough cookie. 
And this girl likes to help me garden, AKA play in the mud.
 We have made quite a few trips to the park
 Guess who had more fun on the teeter totter?  Mom and Dad or the girlies?  If you guessed the girlies you are sadly mistaken.  Dustin and I had a blast.
Just a picture of a cute girl and her Dad on their way home from church
We've spent a few afternoons basking in the sun at the pool
And this girl has been such a great help to me lately!  (Notice the white cabinets?  Yep, that means we are getting somewhere)
We took Lun to her first big move "Despicable Me 2"

And I've been on some spectacular dates with the guy that I love.  It's pretty great when you lay on the couch together and discuss how you have never been happier...ever. Hard work pays off and fortunately that's something we are both very good at... hard work! Marriage and relationships are not exempt from needing a little TLC.  So lucky he's mine.  

No comments: