Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dear Lunnie,

Dear Lunnie,


I would have never thought that I could have a newborn baby and at the same time want another one, but I do. You make me want more. I love everything about being your Mom. I may slightly complain about you keeping me up at night, but truthfully if someone offered to take that job from me, I would not let them.

I can’t stop kissing your cheeks, honestly I can’t. I love your chubby little cheeks and your chubby little legs. My left hip bone is bruised from lugging your car seat around and resting it on my hip, but I wear those bruises with honor.

You have the cutest little voice ever! I just love to hear you giggle and talk.

You are the sweetest little baby in the whole world! The other day we had to run to the store and as always, you were happy. I was completely amazed when we got to the checkout line and the little baby in front of us began to cry. I watched your eyes fill up with tears and your lip begin to quiver. Lunnie, I’m your mother, I know your cries. I know your hungry cry, I know your tired cry and I know how you cry when you just want to be held. This cry was different and it was clear to not only me, but others in the checkout line as well that hearing this little baby cry made you sad, so you cried with her. Thanks for being such an angel in my life. I’m honored to be your Mom.

Love, Mom

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so cute! She is a soft hearted little thing. What a sweetheart.

Shauna said...

So sweet Shelly! Love this!

Grandma Duffy said...

You are such a good mommy! your kids are so lucky to have you!