I can honestly say, I have never been so disappointed to have such a green lawn. The lack of snow didn't stop us from having a great Christmas though. Traditionally we have a little party at my Mom's house on Christmas Eve. We had a white elephant gift exchange then Brinley sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.
The other kids had some hidden talents too, like Karson's break dancing. Who would have thought?
Then there's my Dad. He's an amazing guitar player. I would dare say he plays nearly every day of his life. Growing up, I remember him sitting on the edge of his bed and he would practice. The thing is, it takes a lot of convincing to get him to actually play for us and about once a year, he does. Amazing thing #1, my Dad taught himself to play the guitar. Amazing thing #2, he usually learns his songs not by reading the music, but buy listening to it. Amazing thing #3, my Dad was born Deaf in one ear. But when he does play for us, I am always amazed by his talent and wish that I would somehow inherit some of his musical talent.
We usually spend some time at Grandma and Grandpa Cazier's on Christmas Eve too. And honestly, one of my very favorite Christmas moments this year was watching Dustin's Grandpa sing Christmas carols.
Brinley had a great Christmas morning, spoiled as usual! We were so thankful to be able to spend so much time with our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment