Thursday, July 29, 2010
Guilt
As my little angel lay asleep in her bed I feel overwhelmed with guilt. I feel guilty because some women can never get pregnant. I feel guilty because some women get pregnant and miscarry or give birth to lifeless children. I feel guilty for being so blessed, blessed because my little girl isn’t covered with burns, my little girl hasn’t spent time in a hospital bed, my little girl hasn’t lost her hair to cancer, my little girl has legs that can run and eyes that see and ears that hear and honestly when I look at her she’s perfect to me. Why did I get so lucky and why do I take all of these things for granted almost every single day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have thought the same thing just this morning. How did I get so lucky too? And I am going to be lucky for the rest of my life right?
Your little girl is so cute. You really have it good.
You're so cute! I feel the same way too until I realize that all people have challenges in life and because my kids are so perfect... that THEY will probably be my challenges in life! LOL! But I agree I feel so blessed to have 3 perfectly healthy kids when some women struggle to have any at all. We need to remember to give thanks for all of our blessings... so thanks for the reminder :)
I understand what you are saying!!! I love my little ones so much and am so blessed to have them in my life:) I have just found out that Auston has mild aspergers on top of his ADHD. It has been hard for me to accept that my child could have something wrong that I can not fix! He has a heart of gold through it all:)
Post a Comment