Usually I feel like I’m a pretty good mom. I love Brinley as much as humanly possible, I read to her 20 minutes a day, we go on walks, we run, we go on bike rides, I take her to the park and I go down the slide with her, we sing, we dance around the living room, we play with toys, I don’t loose my patients with her, sometimes I even wake her up at night just because I miss her and I want to play with her or hold her AND then there are the days that I question why God trusted me with this beautiful child. It doesn’t happen often, but today was one of those days.
Brinley always takes a morning nap. I use that time to get ready for work. Today she was peacefully sleeping (or so I thought) and then she woke up (or so I thought) so when I went to get her out of her crib the first thing I noticed was her cute, little, naked butt…WHAT? BRINLEY…and then I noticed the art work she had created using nothing but her very own Number 2. She had taken her diaper off (that is the part that makes me feel like a bad mom) Why did I put her to sleep in just a diaper?????? She held her disgusting arms up and wanted me to pick her up. I’m sure she didn’t understand why I was holding her as far away from my body as possible or why she got her second bath for the day or why I couldn’t quit gagging. I have never used so much Lysol and disinfectant in my entire life. It was EVERYWHERE! I even questioned if she ate some. I won’t go into anymore detail, but like I said, I don’t know why God trusted me with her, but I’m glad he did. YES, even today.
3 comments:
Well you can be glad you got that out of your way. I can tell you when Shane finger painted with #2 all over his crib and himself. Too much fun! He did lots of other fun things as time went on, too. Toughens you up for all the stuff they do that makes you want to throw up. LOL.
Ha ha that is too funny!! Jenna's nephew took his pooh out of his diaper and took it to his mom just the other day, and Mark thought it was a bagel. ha ha I love kids!! I wish you would have taken some pictures. It was good seeing you for a second at Sizzler, we need to get together.
WOW!! That is quite the story! You are an excellent mom .. and I don't envy the artwork.
Post a Comment